Artwork Guide for 3D spot UV printing
If you are printing a one-sided document, then a 2-page PDF is required:
Page 1 is the CMYK artwork and page 2 is the 3D spot UV artwork.
If you are printing a double-sided document, with 3D spot UV to one side, please submit a 4-page PDF:
Page 1 is the front of the artwork
Page 2 is the back of the artwork
Page 3 is the 3D spot varnish artwork (the 3D spot UV layer is applied on top of the artwork on page 1)
Page 4 is blank.
The 3D spot UV artwork should contain solid black shapes in the exact position where the raised varnish is required. Please ensure 3D spot UV artwork is supplied as a vector is 100% black only and does not contain any cyan, magenta or yellow.
Please note: The application of 3D spot UV varnish has registration tolerances of approximately ±0.5 mm. It is not therefore recommended that small text (10pt minimum) or thin lines (1pt minimum) to be varnished as perfect register cannot be guaranteed.
- Finished Size: 85mm x 55mm - Size with bleed: 91mm x 61mm
- Resolution: 300 dpi minimum
- Format: PDF or JPEG
- Colour: CMYK (RGB/Pantones will be converted during proofing)
- Fonts: Outlined or Embedded
- Bleed: 3mm
- Safe Zone: 3mm
- Any element that requires 3D spot varnish must be at least 3mm from the trim edge.
- The minimum font size is 10pt and line weights should be at least 1pt.