Technical Specifications for Foil Business Card Printing
Our 3D foil is applied by layering a liquid gloss directly on top of the lamination.
For Foil business cards, please supply your artwork as a 4-page PDF. Page 1 is the front of the artwork, page 2 is the back of the artwork, page 3 is the Foil artwork for the front and page 4 is blank. The Foil artwork should contain solid black shapes in the exact position where the Foil is required.
Please ensure Foil artwork is supplied as a vector and is 100% black only and does not contain any cyan, magenta or yellow.
Please note: Foil application has registration tolerances of approximately ±0.5 mm. It is not therefore recommended that small text (10pt minimum) or thin lines (1pt minimum) are foiled as perfect register cannot be guaranteed.
If you are printing a one-sided document, then a 2-page PDF is required where page 1 is the design and page 2 is the Foil artwork. If you are printing a double-sided document, with foil, please still submit a 4-page PDF - Page 4 being a blank page.
- Finished Size: 85mm x 55mm - Size with bleed: 91mm x 61mm
- Stock: 350gsm Silk
- Resolution: 300 dpi minimum
- Format: PDF or JPEG
- Colour: CMYK (RGB/Pantones will be converted during proofing)
- Fonts: Outlined or Embedded
- Bleed: 3mm
- Safe Zone: 3mm
- Any foiling must be at least 3mm from the trim edge
- Foil artwork must be in vector format
- The minimum font size is 10pt and line weights should be at least 1pt.