Instant high-end branding
Foil Stickers are the ideal option for quickly adding a brand to your high-end products. They can be written on, so you can personalise them with messages for the recipient or note the flavour held inside.
With a metallic shine, these stickers add instant luxury to any product or packaging design. They are ideal for the festive season and corporate gifting, as the metallic gloss elevates the label for a special occasion. For colours that really stand out on a metallic background, add a white print underpin.
Foil Stickers are long-lasting, as they are tearproof with a permanent acrylic adhesive that can be applied to many surfaces, including plastic. These labels are suitable for a multitude of uses as they can withstand the demands of both outdoor and indoor scenarios. Printed on a polypropylene material, these labels offer a high level of versatility and durability. Each label is complete with a protective anti-scratch varnish, so they last even longer.
- 8 specialist materials for professional labelling
- Sizes 10x10mm up to 300x300mm, cut to any shape and printed in full colour
- Supplied on a roll with a 76mm core.
- Choose from either paper or polypropylene. Paper labels give a hand-finished effect, while polypropylene is a versatile plastic with high durability.
Choose from straight cut or custom cut to suit any design, with sizes available from 10mm x 10mm to 300mm x 300mm.
If you have any questions about these or any of our other services please get in contact with us on 02392 718111 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
No question is too big or small for Headline Printers. We understand that placing a print order can be tricky, but we’re here to help.
If the below FAQs don’t provide the answer you need, get in touch via email, live chat or telephone.
We love speaking to people, so don’t be shy.
We offer all shapes!
Choose from Circle, Square, Rectangle or Custom. If you would like a circle or a square then please ensure your dimensions are equal e.g. width = 20mm and height = 20mm.
We offer Gold or Siver Hot foil stamping on to some of our papers. We also can apply a raised gloss varnish to really help your label stand out. Simple select the one you require and tell us where to apply it.
That’s no problem. White ink is used as an underpin which effectively means that it acts as an undercoat to make colours appear solid or it can be used on its own as part of your design.
Your artwork will speak for itself on this, so please follow the instructions in the artwork guide at the bottom of this page if you are supplying print ready files.
For the most environmentally friendly label option, choose either natural white paper or uncoated paper. The labels are unlaminated, therefore can be recycled when applied to a cardboard or paper product.
Our Polypropylene (PP) labels can be recycled provided they are affixed to either a polypropylene or a polyethylene product; both plastics can be recycled together.
Top tip for choosing stickers based upon how simple they are to recycle:
For easy recycling, choose a label material that has a similar make up to the product or packaging that it is being affixed to. For example: Choose a paper label for paper or cardboard packaging. or a Polypropylene label for polypropylene or polyethylene packaging or product.
It is worth noting that laminated labels cannot be recycled. Label backing sheets also require specialist recycling facilities and subsequently are not widely recycled.
Artwork Specifications for Foil Stickers
Once you have placed your order you can upload your print ready artwork. When supplying artwork for Labels on a Roll, please supply 1 multi layered PDF, which contains the following:
- 3mm bleed on all sides
- CMYK PDF, preferably PDF/X4a
- Outline or embed fonts
- 300 dpi resolution
- Artwork layer named “Artwork” with CMYK artwork for print
- If you are ordering a circle, square or rectangle shaped label, no cutting shape or layer is required. We will apply this for you automatically.
- If you are ordering a custom shape, please supply a vector cutting guide with a thickness of 0.25pt set as a spot colour named “KissCutting” and set at 100% magenta. This should be setup as an overprint stroke on a layer named “KissCutting”
- If you are ordering a solid fill white underpin, no underpinning is necessary within the artwork document as we will add this for you to the whole of the design automatically.
- If you require a selective white underpin (on transparent / metallic / black pulp-dyed / gold paper materials) please ensure you have a spot colour named “White” (case sensitive) and set at 100% Cyan. Please make sure that this is set to overprint and is a vector not a bitmap image on a layer named “White”.
- For labels with foil or selective raised gloss finishes, please supply your artwork as a 2 page PDF, page 1 being the print artwork along with any “KissCutting” or “White” layers that are required, with page 2 being the foil/ selective gloss artwork.
- Foil and selective gloss artwork must be supplied as vector shapes, set to 100 % K only with any overlapping white elements knocked out of the black foiling vectors. Our minimum foiling line weight is 1pt (0.34mm), minimum font size is 10pt (3.4mm) and the minimum gap between foiled or raised gloss elements is 1pt (0.34mm)
Please email or call us on 02392 718111 if you have any questions about supplying your own artwork.
Material Specifications for Foil Stickers
Betulla Laid Paper
An off-white paper complete with varnish for shine and durability. This label is specially developed for glass containers and is ideal for use on luxury products, such as wines and spirits, and artisan products, such as hand-crafted foods. Weight 90gsm.
Coated paper (gloss)
A white, gloss, woodfree adhesive paper which is easily applied to curved surfaces and packaging materials, such as cardboard or plastic wraps. Recommended for indoor use, and suitable for temporary application to clothing. Perfect for full colour images requiring exceptional contrast and great detail, such as event stickers. Weight 80gsm.
A glossy, laminated, metallic gold self-adhesive paper ideal for use on cosmetics, luxury goods or food packaging.
Natural Greaseproof Paper
A high-quality, uncoated paper with a textured surface that produces a laid effect. It has a protective greaseproof coating therefore highly resistant to staining / absorption. Use for anything that requires resistance to oil / vegetable fats e.g. fast food products.
Polypropylene Deluxe Silver
Glossy and silver for a metallic effect, with a permanent acrylic adhesive that is tearproof. This label can be written on, is suitable for internal and external use, and can be applied to plastics. Perfect for use on flexible containers in the cosmetic, food and personal care sectors. Thickness
Polypropylene Deluxe White
Glossy and white tearproof substrate with permanent acrylic adhesive. This label is suitable for internal and external use, and can be applied to plastics, making it ideal for use on wheelie bins and as warning stickers. Thickness 50µ.
A pearly-white embossed almost iridescent adhesive paper ideal for use application bottles e.g. winemaking, luxury goods. Use solid colours in your design to really bring out the finish and texture of this paper. Weight 90gsm.
White Waterproof Hammered Paper
A premium paper from the fedrigoni collection “Martele”, is extremely durable wet-strength paper designed for customising wine or beer bottles, or for jars kept in refrigerated environments. FSC® certified. It is bright white and has a premium “hammmered” texture.
I have all my printing done here and it’s amazing quality. A*Read more Posted on
Exceptional! I had to print my Portfolio that I was still working on right until the last minute of my deadline before my job interview. Gary was in constant communication, on the ball, empathetic and helpful in a stressful time. A true hero! Highly recommend. I will definitely use again.Read more Posted on
Very fast turnaround, flexible and excellent service. Would highly recommend to othersRead more Posted on
Thank you so much to Gary at Headline printers who was friendly and efficientRead more Posted on
The quality was amazing and my last minute order was completed well in time. Couldn't thank Headline Printers enough.Read more Posted on
Great local business which I will definitely use again. Highly recommended!Read more Posted on
The company I works for regularly use Headline printers for our A1 site drawings the speed and quality of the service is second to none and is always very good value for money. Even if it is just 2 drawings every order is dealt with the same excellent service.Read more Posted on
We use Headline Printers for all our stationery, they always respond to requests.Read more Posted on