Technical Specifications for Plastic Card Printing
Artwork specification for plastic card printing:
- Finished size: 85 x 54mm - Size with Bleed: 91 x 60mm with a corner radius of 3 mm.
- Include 3mm bleed on all sides
- 3D Spot UV / Foiling cannot be placed outside of the 3mm safe zone
- 3D Spot UV / Foil artwork must be supplied as a vector artwork
- Supply as a CMYK PDF
- Outline or embed fonts
- 300dpi resolution
- The minimum font size for 3D Spot UV and Foiling elements is 10pt and line thicknesses should be at least 1pt.
For plastic cards with a special finish:
If you are printing on one side of the card, then a 2-page PDF is required:
Page 1 is the CMYK artwork
Page 2 is the Foil/3D spot UV artwork
If you are printing a double-sided document, with foil / 3D UV on one side, please submit a 4-page PDF:
Page 1 is the front of the artwork
Page 2 is the back of the artwork
Page 3 is the foil artwork for the front
Page 4 is blank
The Foil/3D spot UV artwork should contain solid black shapes in the exact position where the special finish is required. Please ensure Foil/3D spot UV artwork is supplied as a vector and 100% black only and does not contain any cyan, magenta or yellow.
Please note: Foil application has registration tolerances of approximately ±0.5 mm. It is not therefore recommended that small text or thin lines are foiled as perfect register cannot be guaranteed. The minimum font size is 10pt and line weights should be at least 1pt.